Houston, Texas— Strength, courage, and resilience are attributes women have in great abundance when confronted with some of the worst circumstances that life has to offer, concludes female empowerment expert and entrepreneur Connie Rankin in her new book, God Gave Us Wings: A Journey to Success: Theirs, Mine, and Yours. The Morgan James book, published last month, has already reached Amazon #1 Best-Seller lists in the Christian Business and Professional Growth categories.
God Gave Us Wings features the compelling stories of nine very different women whom Rankin interviewed and drew inspiration from as well as her own story of how she overcame childhood injury, abandonment by her father and even homelessness to become a commercial realtor, entrepreneur and founder of Bridge Literacy Now, a nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of women and children.
It is Rankin’s desire that all women identify their own hidden strengths as they overcome their fears that hold them back. Rankin’s inspiring women include:
- Oprah Winfrey’s improbable story of overcoming a horrific family life to become a media queen.
- Keo Chan, a Laotian girl who traveled over 10,000 miles to find her life’s purpose.
- Sue Pistone, who prevailed over verbal and emotional abuse and health challenges to become a sought-after motivational speaker.
- Ileana Leija, a real estate professional who escaped three generations of abuse.
- Kendra Coleman, a Southern girl who risked her life by serving in the army.
- Donna Fujimoto Cole, president and CEO of Cole Chemical & Distributing, Inc., who fought for equality.
- Latasha Howell, who was determined to stop decades of poverty, abuse and teen pregnancy.
- Deborah Duncan, a black woman from a military family who moved beyond 1960s discrimination and tight finances to become an award-winning talk show host in Houston.
- Donna Vallone, an Italian-American who beat breast cancer, and is now an advocate of early detection.
Rankin will take part in a panel discussion at the Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance (WBEA) Business Expo in Houston on June 1. At that time, April Day, the President, will interview Rankin and Donna Cole on “Daring to be Different in Business and Life.” Event details are available at http://www.wbea-texas.org/wbea-annual-expo.
Credentials: A nationally recognized leader in female empowerment and sought-after media guest in Houston, Rankin is president of CRES, a commercial real estate firm. She has appeared on CBS, Fox 26 News, and on the cover of Business Today magazine.
Availability: Houston, nationwide and via telephone
More Details on the Book and Author: http://GodGaveUsWings.com
Contact: Megan Salch, Tell Your Tale, 713-864-1344, ext. 1